Students Welfare Activities
With a view, to give to some extent, the financial
help to Poor and needy post graduate students of various P.G. University Departments, who
are desirous to undertake P.G. Education but are Depriving due to their poor conditions,
the university has been Implementing for such Students Earn and Learn Scheme
since long, in the beginning this scheme was taken up with very limited scope of Funds as
the university has started this Scheme on its own Financial resoures.But during the period
of time, there has been much expansion. This scheme took its shape especially after
sanction of change of name of the university as
1) Horticulture Programme:
Under this program we have the 10 are
farm of Mango, Guva, Jamul, Tamarind. Recently we have increase the area for horticulture
under the National Horticulture Board Program
and cultivated Awla, custard Apple,
Tamarind in 33 acre of area.
Under this program we have the 10 are farm of Mango, Guva, Jamul, Tamarind. Recently we have increase the area for horticulture under the National Horticulture Board Program and cultivated Awla, custard Apple, Tamarind in 33 acre of area.
In 1994 University has established file
The University has started
4) Vermiculture & Vermicompost Scheme:
This Year we have started this unit by erecting two low cost shades to produce vermicompost Up to end of Nov.2005 we have Produce about 10 tons of vermicompost which was used in cultivation of horticulture program
5) Pisciculture Program :
In the University campus lot of sources are available for pisciculture. This year under the Joint program of campus development and students welfare we have constructed three small Ponds and pools for fish culture. We have cultured mainly major corps. Up to the last month 400 kg. Fish has been harvested and sold in local market.
6) Sericulture :
In this activity about one and half acre of land near department of Zoology used for the cultivation of Mulberry Plants. In consultation with the teachers of Zoology Department we have started Sericulture. The State Government of Maharashtra Sericulture department provide us the eggs of Bombay Mori. Till today, we have produced about 120 kg. Of silk and sold it to Sericulture department of State Government.
7) Stationery & University publication cell Center:
2005-2006 stationary & University
Publication Cell center has started near
University Student Council : Ad per the Maharashtra State University Act,1994 the election was conducted in the month of October, and following officials was elected.
University Department Student Council
University Students Council
Programmes And Activities:
01. Formation of Post-Graduate Students Council :
After nomination of Representatives by various
departments of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University Post-Graduate Students Council
is formed. A meeting to elect the Secretary of this Students Council was held on
02. Formation of University Students Council :
As per Maharashtra Universities Act 1994
colleges sent the names of Students Council Secretaries who were nominated according to
their merit. The department prepared electoral role for election of President and
Secretary of the University Students Council and conducted the election.
03. Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Elocution Competition :
Padma Shri Balasaheb Patil Satyavadikar has donated an amount to the University which is deposited in the bank and with the help of interest this inter collegiate competition is organized on the occasion of Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Birth Anniversary. The prizes are given to the winners on the occasion of University Foundation Day (23 August).
04. Essay and Elocution Competition on Mahanubhav Literature :
In collaboration with Mahanubhav Ashram, Shri
05. Camps and Workshops :
With a view to bringing out an all round
development of the Students the Students Welfare Department conducts various workshops and
camps. They are as under :
A. Youth Leadership Camp
B. Inter Collegiate De-addiction competition
C. Theatre Training Workshop
D. Emerging Writers Workshop
E. Environment Protection Training Camp
F. National Integration Camp
G. Entrepreneurship Development Camp
Personality Development Camp
06. Various Lecture-Series:
The University started various Lecture-Series
in order to create an awareness amongst the students about life and thoughts of great
people. These Lecture-Series are allotted to affiliated colleges the University bares the
expenses of Lecture-Series as well as Workshops and Camps.
A. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Lecture-Series
B. Dr. Jagdishchandra Bose Lecture-Series
C. Dr. C. V. Raman Lecture-Series
D. Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Lecture-Series
E. Mahatma Gandhi Lecture-Series
F. Swami Ramanand Teerth Lecture-Series
G. Dr. Anant and Lata Labhsetwar Lecture-Series
07. Programs conducted by Students Welfare Section :
· On 14th January renaming is celebrated in the University every year.
· On 19th February the University celebrates Birth Anniversary of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj a procession of the portrait of Shivaji Maharaj taken out from University gate to main building. The program concluded with a lecture on the subject in by an authority on the subject.
· On 14th April Birth Anniversary of Bharat Ratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar is celebrated in the University. A procession of his portrait is also taken out from University gate to main building. There we organize a lecture by renowned thinkers.
University Foundation day is celebrated on 23rd
August. On this occasion University Flag is hosted by the Honble. Vice-Chancellor on
the lawns of
· 17th September is celebrated as Marathwada Mukti Din. On this occasion the University felicitates Freedom Fighters who took part in that movement.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan
Din is observed on 6th December. Samta Shanti Padyatra is organized by
the University which begins by garlanding Dr. Ambedkars statue at University gate
· Republic Day is celebrated on 26th January.
· Maharashtra Din is celebrated on 1st May
· Independence Day is celebrated on 15th August.
· Birth and Death Anniversaries of national leaders are celebrated and observe as per the schedule.
08. Indradhanushya, Zonal and National Youth Festivals :
The section selects and prepare the teams of the University to participate in Indradhanushya Festival, Zonal and National Youth Festivals. A Team Manager and a Cultural Co-ordinator, also selected by the section lead the university contingent to these festivals.
Inter-University Youth Festival was organized
by the Section during 2nd to
· The section also conduct Central Youth Festival of the University in which teams from affiliated colleges participate in 32 different events.
09. Students Aid Fund :
The section helps poor and needy students in purchasing books, buying spectacles and also make arrangements for their medical treatment.
Contact Us :
Dr. Walmik Sarwade